Call for Participation Open Source Software Development Workshop (fwd)

From: David L. Oppenheimer (davidopp@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 01/22/02

From: "David L. Oppenheimer" <davidopp@EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Call for Participation Open Source Software Development Workshop (fwd)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:34:10 -0800

[From RISKS Digest 21.88]

Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:29:17 +0000
From: Cliff Jones <cliff.jones@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject: Call for Participation Open Source Software Development Workshop

WORKSHOP ON OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT, 25-26 FEBRUARY 2002
                 Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
     http://www.dirc.org.uk/events/ossdw/main.html

The focus of the Open Source Software Development workshop is on
dependability and open-source software development. Dependability is a
deliberately broad term which, among others, covers reliability, security,
safety and availability.

We have put together an exciting programme and would welcome further
participation from the community. Participation would be particularly
welcomed from any of those engaged in, or affected by, the design,
development or operation of open source software. An important objective of
this workshop is a greatly improved understanding of the complete
organisational and cultural context of complex systems of which computers
are a part. To this end, we especially encourage participation from
interdisciplinary researchers and practitioners, since we believe that such
research is crucial for progress towards the safe deployment of new
technologies.

Those interested in participating in this event should send an e-mail
stating their interest to Cristina.Gacek@ncl.ac.uk, preferably by 15th
February 2002.

  Cristina Gacek, Centre for Software Reliability (Bedson Building)
  Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
  NE1 7RU  -  United Kingdom    Telephone: (44 191) 222 5153
  FAX: (44 191) 222 8788  cristina.gacek@ncl.ac.uk