change in list posting policy

From: Ben Liblit (liblit@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 09/25/02

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:07:33 -0700
From: Ben Liblit <liblit@EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: change in list posting policy

The <softquality> mailing list has become known to several spammers.
Effective immediately, only list subscribers can post new messages to
the list.  If you're receiving this message, then you are a subscriber;
you should be able to continue posting normally just as you have before.

Postings from non-subscribers will bounce to the list owner (me).  I can
then examine the outsider's message and either approve or reject it.  So
non-subscribers will still be able to communicate with us as a group,
but with a slight time delay so that a human can verify that the message
is not spam.

[ Note, though, that if you have both <@eecs.berkeley.edu> and
<@cs.berkeley.edu> addresses, you'll need to post new messages using the
same address that you subscribed with.  Otherwise, Majordomo will think
that the posting is from a non-subscriber and hold it back pending my
approval.  I'll notice this and approve the message, of course, but I
may get grumpy if I have to do it over and over again. :-) ]