OSQ retreat

From: Alex Aiken (aiken@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 05/07/01

From: Alex Aiken <aiken@EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: OSQ retreat
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:58:14 -0700

Folks,

At the risk of spamming everyone yet again with retreat agendas, another
copy of the agenda
is included below.  This one hasn't changed, but please read on:

1. NOTE THE BUS IS LEAVING AT 8:45 AM WEDNESDAY.  'Nuff said.

2. Some retreat attendees, it turns out, are not on the OSQ mailing list.
If this is the first you
have heard of the retreat agenda, you know you are one of these people.
Consider subscribing!

3. Room assignments were needed to please the hotel.  The assignments are
semi-random, so no great
importance is attached to them, except possibly by some of you.  Feel free
to switch around if you
wish.

4. I lied, one thing has changed: the lunch on Wednesday is now at 12:30.

5. If you are speaking, you have by now received a request from me for a
title.  If you think you
are speaking and haven't received such a request, we should talk.

Alex

WEDNESDAY, MAY 9, 2001
 8:30 am	Chartered UC Bus will pick up meeting participants in front
of Soda
Hall
 8:45 am	Bus to depart for West Coast Santa Cruz Hotel, 175 W. Cliff
Drive
 NOTE:	Since check-in isn't until 4:00 pm, upon arrival, go to the front
desk and 			request to have your belongings stored in
the Bell Closet until
4:00.
10:15 am	Mid-Morning Snack in the 12-Winds Room at the Santa Cruz
Hotel
10:30 am	Meeting Begins
12:30 pm	Lunch to be served in the 12-Winds Meeting Room
 3:00 pm	Break - Refreshments will be served
 4:00 pm	Check-In
 6:00 pm	Meeting Ends
 7:00 pm	Dinner - Sea Level Room at the Casablanca Restaurant
		         Walking distance from the hotel

THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2001
 8:00 am	Continental Breakfast in the 12-Winds Room
 8:15 am	Meeting Begins
11:00 am	Check-Out (except Jim Larus, who leaves on the 11th)
12:00 pm	Lunch to be served in the 12-Winds Room
 3:00 pm	Meeting Ends
 3:00 pm	UC Chartered Bus arrives at the Santa Cruz Hotel
 3:30 pm	Chartered UC Bus Departs for Soda Hall at UC Berkeley
5-5:30pm	Estimated arrival time

Check-in Time at the Hotel is 4:00 pm, and checkout time is 11:00 am.
Following are
Confirmation Numbers of Hotel Rooms:

CONF NO.	NAME
4991 		Alex Aiken
4993 		George Necula
4995 		Tom Henzinger
4996 		David Wagner
4999		Patrice Godfried (to arrive before group on 5/8)
5000		Mark Wegman
5001		Jim Larus (to depart after group on 5/11)
5002		Paula Hawthorn
5003		Mike Lowry
5004		Rustan Leino
5979		Luca de Alfaro

The next group of meeting participants will be rooming together:

4997		David Schmidt & Anindya Banerjee (both to arrive ahead of
group on
5/8)
5005		Ben Liblit & John Kodumal
5006		Jeff Foster & David Gay