job at Sun Labs

From: Rastislav Bodik (bodik@cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 03/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:12:32 -0800
From: Rastislav Bodik <bodik@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: job at Sun Labs

The Mayhem group at Sun Labs is looking to hire a recent Ph.D. (or
equivalent) to work in the area of novel memory architectures for
object-oriented computing.  We currently have a high-level simulation
infrastructure which has yielded encouraging results.  The next phase
of the project is to do a detailed design study, involving the
construction or adaptation of a cycle-accurate processor model,
modification of a high-performance Java VM to incorporate our new GC
techniques, porting of the JVM to the processor model, and detailed
study of the resulting system's behavior.

An ideal candidate would have experience in JVM internals, computer
architecture and micro-architecture (especially cache and memory
system design), familiarity with simulation tools such as Simics, and
excellent high- and low-level programming skills.

We offer the opportunity to work in a small, well-resourced and
tightly-knit team on a project that could have significant impact on
the structure of future computing devices.  We have excellent
relationships with Sun's JVM implementors and chip architects.

The job posting may be found at
http://www.sun.com/corp_emp/search.cgi?funcs=&loc=&keyword=534957&x=24&y=11.