FW: Compiler Summer Intern positions at Apple

From: Alex Aiken (aiken@cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 02/28/03

From: "Alex Aiken" <aiken@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: FW: Compiler Summer Intern positions at Apple
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:32:37 -0800

         Summer Intern Positions with Apple's Compiler Group

The compiler group at Apple Computers has openings for graduate level
summer interns.  We are looking for graduate level computer science
students who are working towards an advanced degree related to
compiler technology.  Interns will have a large degree of freedom to
choose and define their projects, although it is expected the projects
will relate somehow to the Apple compiler.  Research projects,
possibly leading to publications, would be quite welcome.

Apple compiler technology is based on the Free Software Foudation Gnu
compiler.  We are actively involved with the open source community in
enhancing and advancing all aspects of compiler technology including
code optimization, compile speed, language enhancement, etc.

Ideal candidates will have Gnu compiler knowledge and experience,
although this is not a requirement, and will have an interest in
advancing this technology base.  Students who are interested should
send a CV or resume to Caroline Tice, ctice@apple.com.